“Success, it turns out, correlates just as closely with confidence as it does with competence — the good news is that with work, confidence can be acquired. Which means that the confidence gap, in turn, can be closed.” — The Atlantic, “The Confidence Gap”
We’re hosting a special event with Change The Story VT, and Vermont Works for Women for women of all ages on Saturday October 22, 10-11:30 a.m. at the Vermont Tech Jam at the Champlain Valley Expo in Essex Junction. “Coffee and Confidence” participants will learn more about the work being done in Vermont to advance women’s economic well-being and how we can all build the confidence to pursue our professional aspirations. It’s open to women of all ages who want to know more about the successes and challenges in women’s advancement and what they can do to:
- Build a network
- Pursue the tech field
- Apply and interview for that next tech position
- Negotiate their next salary
Following a short panel discussion, attendees may choose two of the sessions above. We want you to walk away with great tools, takeaways and simple next steps to get started.
- Jo Tetsill, Embedded Software Manager, SIS-VT – Sensors & Integrated Systems, UTC Aerospace Systems
- Rachel Jolly, Director of Women’s Programs, VT Works for Women
- Kendra Kreider, IT Analyst | Process & Systems Integration | Supply Chain Management, Global Foundries
- Lindsey Lathrop-Ryan, Advisor of Community Engagement, Change The Story VT
- Rachel Kauppila, Jobs Developer, VT Works for Women
This event is part of Tech Jam. If you are planning to check out the rest of the event after the workshop, dress like you would to meet a potential employer. Preregistration is required and space is limited. Fill out the form below to reserve your space.
Change The Story is an initiative fueled by the Vermont Women’s Fund, Vermont Commission on Women and Vermont Works for Women that is committed to fast-tracking women’s economic status to benefit women, their families and the Vermont economy. For more information, visit changethestoryvt.org and @changestoryvt.